Wednesday 4 January 2012

Christmas Day...

A very happy new year to all of you, my new year has kicked off at a leisurely pace and while I had every intention of making it into the office yesterday, that never quite materialised. But fear not, I will give it another try today.

My family and I spent Christmas day at my brothers house, which amongst other things afforded me the opportunity to take some family pictures. It's a great break from the typical studio shoot, but it has it's own challenges in that you are limited to the available light, limited flash capability and there are no chances for a re-take. It's funny how people generally find it OK for you to snap away on a little "point and shoot" camera, but the minute you reach for your full-body camera, slap on a serious piece of glass to the front of it, and they run for the hills. Its as if they believe you are going to do them some bodily harm. The beauty of those big cameras is that besides looking uber-cool, they allow you to pull of some wicked stuff that you wouldn't normally be able to do on the smaller cameras.

My family are constantly complaining that I take photo's of them and they never get to see the final images. I am very happy to say that I have finished processing all of the photos I took on Christmas day, converted them into a slide presentation format, complete with music and will be giving them each a DVD of the final edit.

Below are some of the final images, enjoy...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.