Saturday 10 December 2011

Back to Johannesburg...

So after 4 amazing days, 15 hours of tattooing, some great laughs, introductions to some awesome people, I am finally going back home to Johannesburg. While I can't wait to be with my gorgeous wife and my three terrorist dogs, I cant help feeling as always when one travels to Cape Town, that you leave a little part of your soul here, life is truly good down here and I can't wait to be back in January for the Tattoo Convention and to get some more inking done...Mo Coppoletta of the famed London tattoo studio "The Family Business" says the joy of getting a tattoo is its chrysalis-like-transformation. Getting photographed by the tattooist just after you get it done. Leaving the shop with the design swaddled like a newborn. That first 24 hours or so of that slick shiny sheen forming over the tattoo. The days of the meticulous after-care, with the scabbing, the peeling. Then after about a week, it emerges, transformed, healed and just as you imagined, and you think, "This is me."

And then, you start thinking about the next one.

Its been a blast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.